Saturday, November 26, 2011

Living The Unexpected

In the shadow of a calling I found myself . . . 
    
                                                 Facing Forward. 
Musical Moment
        ~ “Baby Girl” Nelly Furtado
It’s been a crazy few months since I last posted.  I don’t know if I should blame the craziness on the Facebook and Twitter detoxification I did in June (the last time I posted) or if the flow of my life got bored and decided I needed some challenges to work through. The highs and lows over the last five months has made life both interesting and trying.
My Highs:
I went to the Romance Writers of America conference in NYC and met some wonderful people who I am now connected with through Facebook.  I met some of my favorite author’s while I was there (Gennita Low, Jacquie D’Alessandro, Teresa Medeiros, and Sabrina Jeffries, Meg Cabot, to name a few).  Saw “Wicked” my first Broadway play, I spent time in retreat and focused writing at the cabin at Nurture Through Nature and am 98% done with my first children’s book. I bought a new car after finally admitting that 12 years with Montana (yes, I am one of those people who name inanimate objects) has been wonderful but I needed to move forward with new one. My VW Jetta and I traveled 189,000 miles together. I’ll have wonderful memories of that car.
    THE AUTHORS:

Gennita Low

Meg Cabot
Sarah MacLean & Julianne MacLean



Sabrina Jeffries
Jacquie D'Alessandro
Gayle Callen
My Lows: (Well the lows were low but could have been lower and I appreciate that while there was some worry and discomfort, in the end, everything was survivable and made me stronger.)
In a freak accident, I sprained my left ankle and fractured my right foot and right hand.  My migraines and headaches have been brutal this year. Someone I worked with has “left the position” which means most of this person’s responsibilities has shifted onto my plate and has completely messed up my work schedule (I work 3-days a week) and decreased the amount of time I can focus on writing (Plus side, I have a job, so I’m not complaining too much), I’ve had a few health scares where MRIs, CatScans, and (painful) biopsies have been performed (I’m all right, thankfully), I had a dental emergency, and my husband’s back went out (he was virtually an at-home prisoner for 4.5 weeks) and we discovered (after 4-5 ER visits and an inpatient stay) he has 5 herniated disc and other spinal/back issues (he’s getting better now after a shot to the spine). Of course, his back went out a few days before the big snowstorm where we were without electricity and water for five days.  (Plus side, I learned how to use a generator and moved the heavy thing all by myself!) I’m working on my query letter and synopsis for my children’s book and I am stymied and overwhelmed by the process which make no sense since I am the author of the book and know what it’s about.

Well, if nothing else, it has been an interesting year.  I turned 40, I turned my ankle, and now I’m turning my focus on more positive things.


Post a Comment