Sunday, November 27, 2011

Muse Therapy


In the shadow of a calling I found myself . . . 
                                                
                                                      Contemplating need  vs. want.

Musical Moment
        ~ “Horse and I” Bat For Lashes

Even though I haven’t been here that much the last few months, I have been posting little tidbits and musings on Facebook that I thought I would share:

November 13, 2011
I'm working on my synopsis for my middle grade novel. Why is it harder to write a synopsis or a query letter than it is to write the book? Compared to a novel, it's just using a hand full of words to briefly tell my story, and yet these pages are what will (hopefully) grab the attention of an editor or agent. I guess, I feel as if I am giving a speech in front of millions and I'm wearing a see through dress and my underwear's on backwards. Daunting, terrifying but still (if I remain focus on the delivery and purpose) doable.

October 18, 2011
Sometimes I just wish my critique partners would say, "This chapter is fabulous. No changes needed." or "Well done Deb, send the next awesome chapter to me now". I know they are helping me make it better but for the life of me I need a break from reading this story again & again & again. (sigh) This is what it takes so I'll keep listening and working hard.

October 13, 2011
When is the BEST time not to laugh at a quip her husband made earlier? When at the dentist & sharp instruments are in her mouth. Yup, that's a good time.

October 12, 2011
I am not a fan of passive-agressive behavior. It teases the devil inside of me and I refuse to stoop to the other persons behavior by reacting in the way they want. However, when I finally focus on my adult fiction WIPs I will be adding a few of these characters types to my suspense books. Guess what will happen to them???

October 6, 2011
Cooper, my pug, is facing me, staring at me with minimal blinking trying to mesmerize me into feeding him. It's a little bit freaky.

October 4, 2011:
I find that people have a very weird perception of me. Some people have said they see me as X and others as Y. I have always wondered why people try to put me into boxes, both personally and professionally. So far, no one has gotten it right. I think the problem is that I don't belong in a box, but people are always trying to get me into one. Hmm, I guess it's their problem that they continually try to make mine. Personally, I think I’m more like the letter 8 - both upright and on its side. ;)

September 29, 2011
Change is inevitable but sometimes someone or something puts their foot on your behind and pushes you off the precipice. Life is interesting. These are the times you wish humans had wings.

September 21, 2011
This day is crawling and dragging and whining and crying its way through the hours.

September 11, 2011
Being a writer - it is a noble occupation - one where you sometimes want to rant, rage, pull out your hair and weep uncontrollably, but an occupation that inspires, awes, fills heart-souls-minds with inspiration and gladness. What's a little wordy-worthy madness every now and then? It is a worthwhile endeavor.

September 5, 2011
Why is it when you don't need a thing it's always staring you in the face, but the second you need it, it disappears?

August 30, 2011
It hurts when someone comes to you in pain and confusion especially when you don't know how to advise them. Hopefully, the act of listening and compassion works well in helping and healing the way for them.

August 4, 2011
I love my imagination. Don't you just wish you knew what I was thinking? Haha ~ I'll never tell. (Now, I’m wondering what I was imagining.  I should have written it down.)

July 31, 2011
If you have a dream to do something different - write, act, paint, sing, open your own business, whatever - do not wait until SOMEDAY, because TODAY is yesterday's SOMEDAY. Don't let your fears hold you back cause something amazing is needed every single day. Aren't you amazing?

July 22, 2011
This has been one hell of a day. I woke up to Joe screaming because I accidentally punched him in the face, my stomach wasn't happy with me all afternoon, and then I slipped & fell on the tile in my kitchen. I think I sprained my left ankle, did something painful with my right hand, bruised my right foot and cut my leg. I am not looking forward to tomorrow's discomfort and hope I don't have to take myself to the ER. (Yup, I went to the ER the next day.)

July 21, 2011
I hate the word "Dystopian". There! I said it and I feel so much better. For some reason, this word irritates me and I see it a lot. I wonder if it's because I wouldn't survive in a place of suppression and repression. Hmm, food for thought. (Considering what happened above, I wonder if the universe was laughing at me.)

July 6, 2011
Some people have sandal toes. Some people have house toes. House toes, you ask? House toes are toes that should only be seen in YOUR house.

July 6, 2011
Sometimes I really hate WTF moments.

July 5, 2011
It's strange. In a totally unrelated occurrence, I just learned the importance of clarity and succinctness in writing query letters and synopsis. Life is truly strange.
Post a Comment