Friday, November 28, 2014

Review: Nightsong by Ari Berk

In the shadow of a calling I found myself . . .
                               
Realizing physical pain is a great, great teacher. 

Musical Moment ~ SILENCE, just good old-fashioned silence.


I went to the bookstore today and discovered a book called Nightsong written by Ari Berk and illustrated by Loren Long. When I saw the cover of the book with a single flying creature in the night sky with an curious look on its face and the way the used the title to add to the atmosphere of the story I knew nothing about, I picked up with book without looking for the description and when directly to the check out. What a beautiful story about a young bat first venture into the world by itself and its mother’s advise of using its sense. What a wonderful way to prepare yourself and your child for those times they must do things on their own. These words captured me the most:

Sense is the song you sing out into the world, and the song the world sings back to you.”

Doesn't that sentence just make you curious? This is a book to have in ones collection. It's moody and thoughtful with a sense of suspense and a deep sense of love.

Post a Comment