Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Happy Birthday To Me!

In the shadow of a calling I found myself...
                                                Thinking about my next adventure.

Musical Moment ~ “Wait For You" Nelly Furtado

I love my birthday. I know many people may be indifferent or annoyed by the passing of another year of life, but I celebrate it with full zeal. It is the one day of the year that is all about you: when you arrived upon the earth, the people who brought you here (Happy Birthday to you too Meva and Trevor Blake - yes, I give my parents a shout out on my birthday because without them I would not be), the lessons you've learned, the lessons you've ignored, the low, sad moments, and the moments that were so brilliant, heart-warming, funny, and filled with love that you should take the day of your birth to drink it all in. I usually don't work on my birthday and I do whatever my heart wants from getting a massage, having an adventure or just sitting on the couch and reading a book in the quiet. And I always give myself a gift. It's my way of reminding myself that life is precious. It can be longer or shorter than we realize and I want to be as present in my life as I possibly can and enjoy each and every single day I have breath in my body. 

I haven't figured out this year's gift yet. I've been thinking about falconry or taking a lesson on flying a helicopter. We'll see, but I'll definitely let you know which way I go. So my birthday wish is for everyone to have a brilliant joy-filled day and please laugh, laugh, laugh. 

Cheers!
Post a Comment